Full time, part time, contractual - Work from Home Possible
The Shifts illustrate full time work - The Start Date is Flexible
Part Time Work Available
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Assurance & Accounting team as an Accountant. This diverse team of professionals are dedicated to exceeding clients’ unique needs within a rapidly evolving business and financial reporting landscape. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide comprehensive, tailored financial information that enables clients to make informed decisions with confidence.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Conduct compilation, review, audit, bookkeeping and tax engagements
- Set-up files for new clients and newly incorporated businesses; manage multiple files simultaneously and conduct inventory counts
- Perform accounts receivable, accounts payable, capital asset acquisition and disposition and payroll walk-through with clients
- Summarize clients’ current financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statements and other relevant reports
- Assess appropriateness of audit evidence for expenses, revenues, capital asset additions, accounts payable, accounts receivable and prepaid expenses
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries, documents and reports
- Establish charts of accounts and prepare entries for posting to accounts
- Prepare correspondence, technical reports, client summaries and presentations outlining engagement findings, facts and highlights
- Collaborate with client engagement team and build relationships with client contacts
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major is preferred)
- Enrolled in the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP)
- 1 to 2 years of relevant accounting experience
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Experience working with accounting and tax software is preferred
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Nous sommes plus de 400 professionnels bilingues à servir nos clients à partir de nos magnifiques bureaux situés au centre-ville de Montréal, au cœur du quartier des affaires. Nous offrons à nos clients une gamme complète de services en comptabilité, en consultation et en fiscalité afin de répondre à leurs besoins dans tous les aspects de leurs entreprises.
Nos bureaux de Montréal se trouvent dans la Tour CIBC, sise au coin de la rue Peel et du boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest. Notre réception, au 23e étage, offre une vue spectaculaire du Mont-Royal. C’est là que nous tenons bon nombre de nos événements et colloques à l’intention de nos clients et de nos relations d’affaires. Nous partageons également de nombreux conseils et mises à jour en mode virtuel.
Nos visiteurs peuvent trouver plusieurs espaces de stationnement à proximité et nous sommes à quelques pas des stations de métro Peel et Bonaventure.
More than 400 bilingual professionals serve clients from our offices in Montréal’s beautiful downtown core. We offer clients a full suite of accounting, tax and advisory services to meet their needs in every aspect of their business.
We are always looking for new professionals to join our dynamic team.
Our Montréal office is in the CIBC building on the corner of Peel and René-Lévesque Blvd. West. Our lobby is on the 23rd floor, with a spectacular view of the Mont-Royal. This is where we hold many of our events and seminars for our clients and business contacts. We also share our insights during virtual events which are accessible anywhere to our clients and our network of contacts.
There are several parking lots available nearby for visitors and we are within walking distance of the Peel and Bonaventure metro stations.