Full time, part time, contractual - Work from Home Possible
The shifts illustrate full time work - The Start date is Flexible
Part Time Work Available
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact on our General Core team as a Accounting Technician in Assurance and Accounting. As a trusted advisor, you’ll work with diverse professionals who are committed to providing meaningful and reliable financial information that ensures our clients are always well protected and positioned.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
This opportunity has the flexibility to work remotely anywhere in Quebec.
- Prepare compilation engagements, including bookkeeping and tax related work
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies and discuss with managers or engagement partners to develop resolutions
- Communicate with governments regarding information requests, assessments and installments
- Work with accounting software for investment company write-ups (Lotus Notes Write-Up and Artiffex)
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s tools and file preparation processes
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop your accounting and assurance knowledge
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!
Skills and Experience
- Entry level to 2 years minimum of accounting related experience.
- Experience with investment company write-ups required.
- Experience working with Caseware/Caseview.
- Working knowledge of trial balance, general ledger (GL) and preparation of financial statements.
- Experience working with, or exposure to, Artiffex and Lotus Notes Write-up is beneficial.
- Experience with preparing T2 tax returns required and T3 tax returns an asset.
- Completion of an Accounting certificate or major an asset.
- Experience in preparing T4s and T5s an asset.
- Able to manage many files at the same time.
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Nous sommes plus de 400 professionnels bilingues à servir nos clients à partir de nos magnifiques bureaux situés au centre-ville de Montréal, au cœur du quartier des affaires. Nous offrons à nos clients une gamme complète de services en comptabilité, en consultation et en fiscalité afin de répondre à leurs besoins dans tous les aspects de leurs entreprises.
Nos bureaux de Montréal se trouvent dans la Tour CIBC, sise au coin de la rue Peel et du boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest. Notre réception, au 23e étage, offre une vue spectaculaire du Mont-Royal. C’est là que nous tenons bon nombre de nos événements et colloques à l’intention de nos clients et de nos relations d’affaires. Nous partageons également de nombreux conseils et mises à jour en mode virtuel.
Nos visiteurs peuvent trouver plusieurs espaces de stationnement à proximité et nous sommes à quelques pas des stations de métro Peel et Bonaventure.
More than 400 bilingual professionals serve clients from our offices in Montréal’s beautiful downtown core. We offer clients a full suite of accounting, tax and advisory services to meet their needs in every aspect of their business.
We are always looking for new professionals to join our dynamic team.
Our Montréal office is in the CIBC building on the corner of Peel and René-Lévesque Blvd. West. Our lobby is on the 23rd floor, with a spectacular view of the Mont-Royal. This is where we hold many of our events and seminars for our clients and business contacts. We also share our insights during virtual events which are accessible anywhere to our clients and our network of contacts.
There are several parking lots available nearby for visitors and we are within walking distance of the Peel and Bonaventure metro stations.