Full time, part time, contractual - Work from Home Possible
The shifts indicated illustrate full time work - the start date is flexible -
Part Time is Available
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are currently seeking a Manager for our growing Assurance and Accounting team. Delivering quality in everything we do, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Assurance and Accounting team is committed to providing meaningful and reliable financial information that ensures our clients are always well protected and positioned.
Apply today to learn more and schedule an interview
- Lead multiple clients facing engagement teams.
- Responsible for the completion of audits, compliance tax engagements, budgeting, internal controls, financial and accounting transactions.
- Deliver industry and technical expertise in audit and assurance through client interactions, reports, technical work, management presentations and the creation of high quality deliverables.
- Manage project financials (budgets, WIPS, timely billing and collection and variance recognition).
- Execute transactions through the provision of client services including planning, budgeting, scheduling and coordinating engagements. Contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals to meet client needs.
- Review, investigate and correct discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries and reports.
- Collaborate with client engagement team prior to commencement of client work to discuss roles and responsibilities, risk areas, materiality and deadlines.
- Maintain high quality control by reviewing work done from other team members for accuracy and completeness; provide feedback to team members.
- Monitor project timelines against targets, adjust where necessary; advise clients of project status and seek clarification on discrepancies where applicable.
- Network and take a leadership role in the local professional, business, and community while raising awareness of MNP and looking for new business development opportunities.
- Leverage team appropriately to ensure proper documentation is prepared for the client and procedures relating to the file are followed accordingly.
- Liaise and correspond professionally with clients, colleagues and the firm leadership team.
- Develop, coach, and train team members towards professional and personal development.
- Promote regular attendance, balanced lifestyle and high standard of team wellness
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in public accounting
- Experience in corporate and personal tax considered an asset
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Profile, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Nous sommes plus de 400 professionnels bilingues à servir nos clients à partir de nos magnifiques bureaux situés au centre-ville de Montréal, au cœur du quartier des affaires. Nous offrons à nos clients une gamme complète de services en comptabilité, en consultation et en fiscalité afin de répondre à leurs besoins dans tous les aspects de leurs entreprises.
Nos bureaux de Montréal se trouvent dans la Tour CIBC, sise au coin de la rue Peel et du boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest. Notre réception, au 23e étage, offre une vue spectaculaire du Mont-Royal. C’est là que nous tenons bon nombre de nos événements et colloques à l’intention de nos clients et de nos relations d’affaires. Nous partageons également de nombreux conseils et mises à jour en mode virtuel.
Nos visiteurs peuvent trouver plusieurs espaces de stationnement à proximité et nous sommes à quelques pas des stations de métro Peel et Bonaventure.
More than 400 bilingual professionals serve clients from our offices in Montréal’s beautiful downtown core. We offer clients a full suite of accounting, tax and advisory services to meet their needs in every aspect of their business.
We are always looking for new professionals to join our dynamic team.
Our Montréal office is in the CIBC building on the corner of Peel and René-Lévesque Blvd. West. Our lobby is on the 23rd floor, with a spectacular view of the Mont-Royal. This is where we hold many of our events and seminars for our clients and business contacts. We also share our insights during virtual events which are accessible anywhere to our clients and our network of contacts.
There are several parking lots available nearby for visitors and we are within walking distance of the Peel and Bonaventure metro stations.