Full time, part time, contractual - Work from Home Possible
The Shifts indicated illustrate full time work - The Start date is Flexible
Part Time Work Available
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are seeking a Senior Accounting Technician for our growing Assurance and Accounting team. Delivering quality in everything we do, MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Our Assurance and Accounting team is committed to providing meaningful and reliable financial information that ensures our clients are always well protected and positioned.
When applying, please submit your resume, cover letter and other applicable forms in 1 document.
- Assist with compilation, review, audit, bookkeeping and tax engagements
- Prepare and maintain government remittances/filings, accounts receivable, expenses, accounts payable and payroll transactions
- Set-up client files, assist with the completion of budgets and complete administrative planning and other aspects of accounting work
- Perform the month-end and quarter-end close process
- Maintain, monitor and reconcile GL accounts, including but not limited to cash, bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued liabilities, intercompany and point of sale (POS)/system uploads
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies and discuss with managers or engagement partners to develop resolutions
- Communicate with governments regarding information requests, assessments and installments
- Work with accounting software and provide support to clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management
- Develop a thorough understanding of MNP’s services, businesses and industry
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes
- Raise awareness of MNP at community events
- Attend internal MNP courses to further develop your accounting and assurance knowledge
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible dress for your day environment and more!
Skills and Experience
- Successfully obtained an Accounting certificate or a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting or Finance major preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of accounting related experience
- Working knowledge of trial balances, general ledger (GL) databases, financial statement close processes and accounting matters
- Experience in preparing T4s and T5s and knowledge of personal and corporate tax
- Understanding of payroll, bookkeeping and record keeping practices on manual and computerized system(s)
- Experience working with accounting and tax software such as Caseware, Profile, Quickbooks and Simply Accounting
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Nous sommes plus de 400 professionnels bilingues à servir nos clients à partir de nos magnifiques bureaux situés au centre-ville de Montréal, au cœur du quartier des affaires. Nous offrons à nos clients une gamme complète de services en comptabilité, en consultation et en fiscalité afin de répondre à leurs besoins dans tous les aspects de leurs entreprises.
Nos bureaux de Montréal se trouvent dans la Tour CIBC, sise au coin de la rue Peel et du boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest. Notre réception, au 23e étage, offre une vue spectaculaire du Mont-Royal. C’est là que nous tenons bon nombre de nos événements et colloques à l’intention de nos clients et de nos relations d’affaires. Nous partageons également de nombreux conseils et mises à jour en mode virtuel.
Nos visiteurs peuvent trouver plusieurs espaces de stationnement à proximité et nous sommes à quelques pas des stations de métro Peel et Bonaventure.
More than 400 bilingual professionals serve clients from our offices in Montréal’s beautiful downtown core. We offer clients a full suite of accounting, tax and advisory services to meet their needs in every aspect of their business.
We are always looking for new professionals to join our dynamic team.
Our Montréal office is in the CIBC building on the corner of Peel and René-Lévesque Blvd. West. Our lobby is on the 23rd floor, with a spectacular view of the Mont-Royal. This is where we hold many of our events and seminars for our clients and business contacts. We also share our insights during virtual events which are accessible anywhere to our clients and our network of contacts.
There are several parking lots available nearby for visitors and we are within walking distance of the Peel and Bonaventure metro stations.