Fundraising & Digital Communication Experience Wanted
The Pillars Trust Fund
Work schedule :
- Tuesday 1 September 2020 from 09:00 to 10:00
Job offer details
- Minimum: Bachelors’ degree in business administration or a related field
- Minimum 7 years previous experience in a senior leadership role
- Experience in working with a Board of Directors and managing others
- High level strategic thinking with a demonstrated ability to implement strategic plans
- Sound understanding of financial strategies and finance-related performance metrics
- Strong aptitude for verbal and written communication (English required, French an asset), presentation and relationship development
- Working knowledge of social media platforms
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in management and governance
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including fundraising partners, agencies and volunteers
- Previous experience in a non-profit environment, an asset
- Familiarity with the mission of Pillars Trust Fund and English-speaking parish communities, an asset
Executive Director, Non-Profit Registered Charity
The Pillars Trust Fund is moving toward a digital perspective and is looking to transition from a traditional role of fundraising. The successful candidate will have a large landscape to shape with overarching goals of creating a brand known to be engaging, rewarding and integral. The ideal Executive Director understands the role is not a 9 to 5 office based environment but rather one where they are engaged with the Board members (all of whom are volunteers), the committees, external parties and organizations as well as English-speaking Catholics across Montreal, working on a variety of open files at once. In this role, the successful candidate will be supported by an Executive Committee and working committees experienced in the affairs of the organization, ranging from 3 to 20 years. He or She will report to the President of the Board and have one direct employee working in the area of parish vitality (ongoing parish communication and development).
The Pillars Trust Fund is a faith-based mid-sized non-profit organization in operation since 1972. We are seeking an experienced full-time Executive Director to lead our organization through its revitalized strategic objectives with a focus on digital transformation and fundraising. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing fundraising, communication (including ongoing parish communication and development activities of the Parish Vitality Facilitator), budget compliance and governance practices to ensure we are operating efficiently and effectively toward our mission. In this role, you will be an intrinsic face of our organization, reporting to the President and working closely with the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors and leaders of various English-speaking Catholic parishes in Montreal. Our organization places a high priority on communication, transparency and collaboration; therefore an Executive Director who is aligned with these values will enhance our culture with their positive leadership and drive.
Salary to be discussed
- Implement strategic plans: to meet the organization’s goals and objectives
- Oversee the management and coordination of all activities related to major fundraising initiatives such activities encompass marketing, communication, banking, database management and reporting.
- Oversee Budget: assist in overseeing the implementation of a zero-based budgeting system. Work with the finance committee to: propose an annual budget and oversee the operating budget to ensure fiscal integrity; submit monthly financial statements accurately to reflect the financial condition of the organization. Disseminate and present financial updates and appropriate reasoning for major distributions to the Board when required.
- Maintain regular communication with the Board’s Executive Committee and the Board of Directors (reporting and meeting attendance where applicable). Reporting will include the preparation of monthly financial statements, materials for annual audit and bank transactions; in addition to any and all information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions.
- Represent Pillars in the Community: The Parish Vitality Facilitator (direct employee) shall have the primary responsibility to continue relationship development among the parish priests and pastoral teams in the community; however, over time, the Executive Director shall develop and maintain relationships with insurance brokers, the Office of the English Pastoral Services and Episcopal Vicar, parish priests and leaders of associated organizations to Pillars Trust Fund. Participate in the enhancement of the organization’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional and private organizations.
- Monitor compliance with all applicable laws and regulations: With the assistance of the Executive Committee, ensure the activities of the organization regarding charitable status, governance practices, electronic communications and fundraising are undertaken in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversee Pillars online presence: support the use of enhanced technology tools and methods to undertake the organization’s mission; communicate with the Board committees and the public in an effort to increase and receive donations and market the organization.
The Executive Director can expect performance feedback on an ongoing basis from the President with respect to:
- Number of new donors acquired (targets to be discussed)
- Level of engagement with new and existing donors (i.e. communication via digital and traditional means)
- Increase in dollar amount of donations (targets to be discussed)
- Improvement of communication and relationships with parishes (through the work of Parish Vitality Facilitator)
- Implementation of timely and effective communication with the board regarding areas of improvement, progress and achievements
- Work with the various committees (survey feedback from committee members)
- General leadership, business development of new fundraising avenues
Since 1972, the Pillars Trust Fund has been providing financial support to the English-speaking Catholic community of Montreal by raising money to subsidize or pay the costs for students to enrich their spiritual, social and intellectual growth; for adults to participate in directed retreats; for seminarians; and for children to attend summer camp.
Share this job offer
Type of employment
See Job Description
Salary to be confirmed with employer
The Pillars Trust Fund
2005 Rue Saint-Marc , Montréal, QC