Work schedule :
- Monday 13 September 2021 from 09:00 to 13:00
- Monday 4 October 2021 from 09:00 to 13:00
Job offer details
The shifts described are just for the purpose of posting the description. You can start and work when you are available. Completely flexible.
ABOVAS is urgently hiring volunteer drivers to accompany people to their medical appointments on the island of Montreal. All volunteer drivers will receive small compensation directly from their clients to cover reasonable wear and tear of their vehicle, on each appointment drive.
Medical Appointment Drivers
Do you own a reliable passenger car and car insurance? Are you patient and have a few hours to spare during the week, to pick someone up from their home, help them into the car, drive to a clinic or hospital then assist them back home after their appointment? If you answered yes, to these two questions, then you’re an ideal candidate for the position of volunteer driver!
Medical appointments are only between Monday and Friday, during normal business hours and are only located on the island of Montreal. Our clients live in the West Island, have health problems and little to no support, putting them in a vulnerable situation and therefore require your help to accompany them to these appointments. A parking pass will be provided if accompanying people to particular hospitals.
No long-term commitment required. No driving off island. Walkers and canes may need to be carried; however, no wheelchairs will be folded into your car. If you have the time, then it will be greatly appreciated. ABOVAS will work with your flexibility by advising you in advance of upcoming appointment needs which you choose when and where you can assist.
Click APPLY to obtain an interview, now OR contact Isabelle at firstname.lastname@example.org OR by telephone at 514-694-3838 for more information. You can also forward this opportunity to someone you know OR ask KIGI for further details.
ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENTS: Car with valid drivers license and car insurance. Patient and empathetic
ASSETS: Previous experiene working with older persons or people with physical/mild cognitive impairments; bilingual
LOCATION: West Island; Island of Montreal
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Have access to a reliable passenger car
- Hold valid car insurance
- Preference for drivers residing or working west of Dorval or on the island of Montreal
- Patience, understanding and empathy are required of all volunteer drivers
- Experience working with people with physical or minor cognitive impairments is an asset
- Experience working with people older than 65 years old is an asset
- Bilingual is an asset, but unilingual French OR unilingual English are acceptable
- A SPVM (Montreal police) criminal background check within the previous 3 years (ABOVAS will request the verification from the SPVM if you do not have one yourself)
COVID 19 Rules: Masks are mandatory from the moment of pickup and while the client is in the car. The client must sit in the rear seat. A visor may be worn while in the car if preferred (visors are provided by ABOVAS). Hands must be sanitized when helping clients in and out of the car, to and from their appointment. The Vaxicode app or proof of vaccination is required for certain establishments – ABOVAS does NOT mandate vaccination and you may advise of your preference not to offer your service where vaccination proof is verified.
– Helping residents in a vulnerable situation who require accompanied-transport get to their vital medical appointments.
While offering the best possible service, this non-profit organization aims to go further by targeting these objectives:
– Being attentive to needs
– Developing bonds of trust and friendship
– Improving quality of life in the West Island
Accompagnement bénévole de l’Ouest, également connu sous le nom d’ABOVAS, a été fondé en décembre 2007 afin d’accomplir sa mission principale :
– Aider les résidents en situation de vulnérabilité qui nécessitent un accompagnement-transport pour recevoir les soins médicaux dont ils ont besoin.
Tout en rendant le meilleur service possible, cet organisme sans but lucratif souhaite également aller plus loin en visant ces objectifs :
– Être à l’écoute des besoins
– Développer des liens de confiance et d’amitié
– Améliorer la qualité de vie dans l’Ouest-de-l’Île
Share this job offer
Volunteer Companion Drivers Wanted
Type of employment
Community Organization, Community Association, Club